Kirkland® Minoxidil Foam is a white foam containing 5% minoxidil for use only on the scalp to help regrow hair in men. A simple, painless, clinically proven answer to hair loss.
Why go with foam?
It fits: Men’s Men’s Minoxidil Foam fits easily into your grooming routine, and won’t interfere with your current hair styling products. Just use it twice daily—once in the morning and once at night.
It’s easy: Men’s Minoxidil Foam takes just seconds to apply—and it dries quickly.
It works: Men’s Men’s Minoxidil Foam is clinically proven to regrow hair in 85% of men who use it twice daily.
Minoxidil: Scientifically proven to regrow scalp hair lost to male pattern baldness.
• Six bottles total (approximately six month supply)
• For men who have a general thinning of hair on top of the scalp
• Slows or stops hair loss within a few months of use
• 5% minoxidil topical solution
What is Minoxidil?
Minoxidil was the first drug approved by the American Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (hair loss). Before that, minoxidil had been used as vasodilator drug prescribed as oral tablet to treat high blood pressure, with side effects that included hair growth and reversal of male baldness.
For the treatment of hair loss, minoxidil is available as a topical solution that is generally either 2% or 5% minoxidil in propylene glycol. The propylene glycol ensures that the applied minoxidil is evenly spread across the affected area and easily absorbed through the skin.
How does Minoxidil work?
Minoxidil topical solution is used to stimulate hair growth in people who are balding. The drug seems to exert its maximum effect at the crown of the head. The exact way that minoxidil works is not known, but it may stimulate hair growth by improving the blood supply to the hair follicles.
What scientific studies give evidence to support its effectiveness?
Dermatologists conducted a 1-year observational study in 984 men with male-pattern hair loss. The study evaluated the effectiveness of a 5% minoxidil topical solution in halting hair loss and stimulating new hair growth. Over the 1-year period of the study, patients applied 1 milliliter (ml) of 5% minoxidil solution twice day to hair-loss areas of the scalp.
At the end of 1 year:
• The dermatologist investigators reported that hair loss areas of the scalp had become smaller in 62% of the patients.
• In evaluating minoxidil effectiveness in stimulating hair regrowth, the investigators found the 5% solution very effective in 15.9% of patients, effective in 47.8% and moderately effective in 20.6%.
• Hairs lost during washing numbered a mean 69.7 at the beginning of the study, and a mean 33.8 at the end of the study - a measure of the effectiveness of 5% minoxidil in halting hair loss in the patients studied.
• Side effects, mostly dermatologic, were reported by 3.9% of patients in the study. None of the side effects was classified as serious.
• For external use only.
• Do not use if you are a woman, not sure of the reason for your hair loss, under 18 years of age or using other medicines on the scalp.
• Using more or more often than recommended will not improve results.
• Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact with the eyes, rinse with large amounts of cool tap water.
• Minoxidil 5% w/w (without propellant)
Inactive Ingredients: Butane, butylated hydroxytoluene, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, fragrance, dehydrated alcohol, isobutane, lactic acid, polysorbate 60, propane, purified water, stearyl alcohol.
Apply half a capful 2 times a day to the scalp in the hair loss area. Massage into scalp with fingers, then wash hands well.
Reviews of Kirkland Minoxidil Foam 5% Collected Around the Internet
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My Hair Truth - Updated Information!
It says you should give it at least 6 months to see results. I'm at around 4 months and definitely notice the bald crown getting smaller. I decided to fully commit and bought the one year supply. I have classic male pattern balding. The crown was very noticeable at the barber. From the crown forward was thinning enough to see my scalp thru my fine blonde hair before using this product. From the crown forward my hair has grown back enough that you have to look harder to see the scalp. I will post progress pictures at 6 months. I have so much area to cover that a 6 month supply lasts about 4 months. But it's working.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great gift for my cousin
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Inexpensive and it works
⭐⭐⭐⭐ hair gone there tomorrow
⭐⭐ Didn’t work for me
⭐⭐⭐⭐ Not bad for the price! Seems to be working for me!
Based on my personal experience, this product takes time (at least 6+ months to see some result). But first, you will notice your hair stop falling off when washing, then it getting thinker and thinker, eventually fine hair will start to grow again. For me, it is not fully grow back (thick hair) to cover the top of my head after 3 years, but the fine hairs are back and covering most of the bald spot (maybe it is harder for me because I ride my motorcycle throughout the summer, and wearing a helmet doesn't help with the hair grow). I will continue use this product as long as I can see result/improvement.
Also I would like to add that this product is NOT for everyone, I have seen friends with better results than me and some didn't help at all. So try it for 6 months then decide if you want to continue based on the individual result.